Sunday, February 26, 2012

Trigger!!

Back to Dallas this morning for sono and blood work.  The nurse said my e2 levels from yesterday came back greater than 2500 which is good....means lots of good eggs should be retrieved.  However, this puts me at risk for OHSS.  The lady that did my sono today showed us my ovaries and said:
"Here's something we don't see everyday...your ovaries are touching"

Remember ovaries are normally the size of walnuts...during ovarian stimulation, they grow to the size of grapefruits...

Mine are the size of TEXAS grapefruits! 

So we definitely give the trigger shot tonight....at precisely 7:15 pm....this gives the eggs the final maturation they need...Retrieval of the eggs MUST occur with 36-40 hours of the trigger shot.  We arrive at plano presby at 6:15 am Tuesday morning. 

After going over all of those directions.  The nurse went over the steps we are to take to attempt to combat OHSS.  I did have mild OHSS with Gavin's cycle and I did everything they told me to which I think is definitely why it didn't worsen.  

OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) can occur due to lots of follicles and high levels of estrogen.  Symptoms can be mild but they can become severe requiring hospitalization.  

~I am to alternate water and gatorade ALL DAY--2 1/2 to 3 liters total
~Increase sodium by eating salty foods
~Increase protein
~81mg aspirin daily after the egg retrieval
~Weigh each morning and call doc if weight increases more than 4 pounds in one day 

I have to say I am close to miserable....I am bloated....about 6 months pregnant looking bloated....my ovaries are so tender and walking is uncomfortable....and I'm so so tired.  I took off work tomorrow and Tuesday for the retrieval...I anticipate feeling a lot lighter Wednesday!  

 My honey already stocked up on tons of gatorade and got me mcdonalds salty fries!!  Yummy!  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment