Thursday, February 23, 2012

monitoring appointment #2


Today Gavin joined me for my appointment....we took his very first photo with us to see if they recognize him now...ha!!  He was able to meet the nurses (dr. d was doing an egg retrieval) and the nurse asked him which one he thought was him....he said, "the biggest one for sure!"  

Then we stopped by the ARTS lab where he was created...I just wanted to maybe get a picture of Gavin there for his book...but the sweet secretary went and got one of the embryologists! She took Gavin all around....showed him the huge poster/pictures and explained the entire process to him! She said sometimes they get to see babies or toddlers they've helped create but she had never gotten to meet a 9 year old!  

It was so fascinating and it brought tears of gratitude....I am so dang blessed that I was able to have one ivf miracle...to have this opportunity a second time just overwhelms me.   

It was just so neat to meet one of the embryologists...as fantastic as dr. d is, they work the magic!!!  

Okay, so my update....

Today he saw 10 good follicles...largest ones around 17.5...they need to be about 20mm to trigger.  

My e2 level was 700 on tuesday and 1275 today.  They are estimating trigger shot will be saturday night and that would mean egg retrieval monday morning.  I go in saturday morning for monitoring so I'll know for certain then.  

They dropped my follistim dose to 150 for tonight and tomorrow night.  

How am I feeling??  EXTREMELY bloated....tired....but grateful and excited!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment