Tuesday, February 21, 2012

monitoring appointment #1


Today was my first appointment to monitor how those follicles are starting to develop....I left at 6:40 AM, and as you can see, I decided to take advantage of the 1 hour 25 minute driving time!!  Why not let those rollers do their thang while driving?  I just yanked them all out as I pulled into the parking lot! 

Took my blood.....then wand probing up my hoo-ha-ha measuring some egg follicles...certainly not the funnest way to make babies!!  But, certainly blessed we are able to do this. :-)

So they could see 7 good follicles on the right ovary and 4 on the left...they are all measuring around 11mm which is great that they are all similar size.  They need to be about 20 mm to retrieve and they grow about 2mm per day...the nurse estimated egg retrieval for Monday....I still feel like it will be sunday...not sure why....maybe because with Gavin it was supposed to be a Monday and it ended up being that Sunday.

So My dose is lowered a bit...follistim 225 tonight, tomorrow night, and another scan to see the progress on thursday.

Moving right along!!!  Trying to keep my stress level to an absolute minimum and I'd say I'm doing well....just walked right past a dishwasher full of dishes and didn't stop to put them away!

As stressful as teaching can be, I have to say that being with those sweet first grade babies keeps my mind off of anything else...I am so blessed to spend my days with children.  Teaching itself isn't at all stressful to me...the only stress comes from all of the other things that are expected of teachers...curriculum changes, testing, etc.  I've only been teaching 15 years, but I've seen this thing called a wheel be called every fancy word EXCEPT wheel!!!  It's a wheel people....let me teach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment