Thursday, February 16, 2012

16 and pregnant

Oh my dear sweet Gavin...for those of you who know Gav, you know how analytical he is...

He loves to watch Taylor give me the shots....and it's a great opportunity for me to make sure Gavin knows all I went through just to have him!  So, last night...

Gavin says "Mom, can babies just be made naturally in the body?"

Me: "Why do you ask sweetie?" (always my response when trying to avoid a conversation just  a bit longer!!!)

Gavin:  "Well, because I was watching 16 and pregnant and...."

Me:  "Where in the world did you see 16 and pregnant?!!????"

Gavin:  "Mom, just focus, I just saw part of it, but they didn't take ANY shots and they are pregnant.  So I'm wondering if pregnancy can happen naturally in the body?"

Me: "well of course it can, God created us so that a male and a female can create a baby now time to brush those teeth you're late for bed night night!!!!!"

Whew...I just wasn't ready...I really like just saying that babies are made in a dish!!! 

Off to google books that explain to a precocious 9 year old how babies are really made...


No comments:

Post a Comment