Monday, February 20, 2012

Healthy friendships

From the book Prayers that Avail Much:   According to Proverbs 27:17, as iron shrpens iron, so friends sharpen the minds of each other.  

I ask for divine connections---good friendships ordained by You.  Thank you for the courage and grace to let go of detrimental friendships.  I ask and receive, by faith, discernment for developing healthy relationships.  

Father, You know the hearts of people, so I won't be deceived by outward appearances.  Bad friendships corrupt good morals.  Thank you for quality friends who help me build a stronger character and draw me closer to You.  (Lord knows I need all the help I can get!) 

My heart has been a bit heavy lately regarding "friendships".  I have had to be in constant prayer for the courage and grace to let go of some very detrimental "friendships" recently.  

I've always heard the saying, "you are who you hang out with" and thought it was just ridiculous...but I've been seeing this in motion and am watching as Satan is having a heyday corrupting some wonderful people.  I am so weak and still struggle with stupid choices I've made....and need all of God's grace just to make better choices every day.  

I think our faithful choices will bring blessings...and I'm experiencing friendship blessings like crazy!!  Thank you Lord for strengthening the quality friendships I had and for putting brand new friends in my path!!  I continue to pray for blessings for the friends I have to walk away from.  Please let them feel your presence daily. 

Amen!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment