Monday, February 6, 2012

come on in!!

For those of you who may have been by my side 10 years ago during ivf (shout out Teresa Sipe!) you probably remember how incredibly emotionally and physically draining it is for me.  I feel beyond blessed that I have Gavin from my first IVF attempt...I certainly don't want to seem greedy....so many women go through multiple cycles and still don't have a child.  That just breaks my heart.  

I think I'm in a calmer place this time...I know it's all in God's hands.  I realize this time that I don't have to still do it all during this demanding time.  This is too much money, energy, and time to not pamper myself a little...If the house isn't clean, pantry stockpiled, laundry complete...it's okay.  I'm also taking a vacation from negative people or situations...gotta bring in the sunshine and JOY!!! 

From the book I'm reading, The Joyful Child:
Joy is not the absence of suffering.  It is the presence of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment