Monday, March 12, 2012

POAS

POAS means pee on a stick in infertility lingo...which I have done every day.  I wanted to be prepared before I go in for my BETA blood test which is tomorrow.  I used the super sensitive tests first (starting at 4dp5dt)  then used the digital test that detects the pregnancy hormone at a higher level.  I didn't use the digital until 7dp5dt (7 days past 5 day transfer or 12 days past ovulation)....I don't remember these from ten years ago...so cool...no squinting and agonizing if it's really a line!  

                                                 So here it is:



An excerpt from the book "A Few Good Eggs"

Pregnancy after infertility is fraught with worry about the baby's health, your health, and if all the drugs you took trying to conceive will come back to haunt you in some way.  Unlike normal pregnant women, you will never forget your infertility.  We have yet to speak to one infertile woman who, when she finally became pregnant, kicked back and relaxed her guard, not for a moment.  

So true...it's still so early...so much that can go wrong. 

But, for today, for this moment, we are pregnant and we thank our Maker and we celebrate.  This baby (or babies) deserve that.  

The beta is tomorrow and they should call early afternoon with the number...praying for a good strong number. 

No comments:

Post a Comment