Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can you be charming??













Oh how my first graders are ready for spring break!!!  I must admit, so am I!

Then I'll have so very much time to obsess....when I'm in my classroom, I have zero time to think about much of anything except 20 little punkins.  But next week I'll have an abundant amount of time....to obsess about what's a possible pregnancy symptom...oh my goodness I just blinked 15 times in 30 seconds and I never blink more than 12...must be a symptom...let me google it!!! 

Gavin told me today that it's such a great day....he got a girlfriend...a real one this time who knows she's his girlfriend!  This 3rd grade gal was apparently fed up with the way her former boyfriend was saying ugly things about her to everyone in the class....so she approached Gavin and had one very important question he needed to answer, a requirement it seemed she had put much thought into.....a question I'm sure every girl wants to ask....
"Gavin, can you be charming????"
Holding back my laughter, I asked him what his answer was... he said "I told her, sure my mom says I am all the time....then I told her this is the greatest day of my life because I've never had a girlfriend before!" There's that charm already ha!!

Then he says to me...."mom, it feels so good to finally have a girlfriend.".....just matter of fact....not too excited...more of a sigh of relief...like he's just been waiting his whole life for this day....

What I'd give to freeze these sweet and innocent days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment